Individuals with complex needs resulting from an ABI often have support needs that require a multi-disciplinary team approach during the active phase of their rehabilitation. In addition, these support needs continue once their formal rehabilitation has come to an end. Our approach offers two different levels of Personal Care Support and is designed to be complimentary to the Rehabilitation Teams and/or the support structures. Our employees have the necessary skills when an attendant care service is just not enough:
Attendant Support Workers
- Providing a personalized routine that gives structure and predictability for daily living
- We support the individual in developing a healthy lifestyle, meal planning/preparation and assisting with hygienic cleaning duties.
- Encouraging, reminding and supporting as needed for activities of daily living
- Help to ensure safety and supervision
Enhanced Attendant Support Workers
In addition, our Enhanced Attendant Support Worker Service provides:
- Ongoing support of behavioural strategies to assist the individual in maximizing their quality of life.
- Ongoing support of cognitive strategies to enhance quality of life.
- The supervision of social and community activities, outings and hobbies.
We provide in-home and out-of-home respite to allow family members and caregivers necessary personal time.