Individuals with complex needs resulting from an ABI often have support needs that require a multi-disciplinary team approach during the active phase of their rehabilitation. In addition, these support needs continue once their formal rehabilitation has come to an end. Our approach offers two different levels of Personal Care Support and is designed to be complimentary to the Rehabilitation Teams and/or the support structures. Our Social Care Workers have the necessary skills when an attendant care service is just not enough:
Personal Support Workers
• Providing a personalized routine that gives structure and predictability for daily living
• We support the individual in developing a healthy lifestyle, meal planning/preparation and assisting with light housekeeping.
• Encouraging, reminding and supporting as needed for activities of daily living
• Help to ensure safety and supervision
Enhanced Personal Support Workers
In addition, our Enhanced Personal Support Worker Service provides:
• Ongoing support of behavioural strategies to assist the individual in maximizing their quality of life, including redirection of behaviour into positive behaviours.
• Ongoing support of cognitive strategies to enhance quality of life.
• The supervision of social and community activities, outings and hobbies.
We provide in-home and out-of-home respite to allow family members and caregivers necessary personal time.